How To Transition Your Dog To New Food

0 Comments

How To Transition Your Dog To New Food. So you will be feeding 25% new food. Start with 75% old food mixed with 25% new food for approximately three days.

Transitioning Your Dog To New Food Sit Means Sit Toledo from sitmeanssit.com

A short fast is easier than you think. Gradually increase the amount of the new food and decrease the old food by a similar amount each day. Feed 40% of your dog’s old food with 60% of the new food.

Most Dogs Can Switch To A New Food Without An Extended Transition Period.

So you will be feeding 25% new food. For example, if you feed your dog one cup of food twice each day, then you would begin with ¼ cup of new food and ¾ cup of the old food for both meals. Feed 1/4 cup of the new food mixed with 3/4 cup of the current food.

Feed 3/4 Cup Of New Food And 1/4 Cup Of Current Food.

Just like humans, sometimes new foods can upset our stomachs. Day 7, 8 & 9: 20% new food and 80% old food.

Schedule For Changing Your Dog Or Cat’s Food:

Never change their food suddenly unless you are advised to do so by your vet. Ideally, you should plan on taking at least a week to transition your cat from one food to another. Introduce gradually the new food to your dog and monitor his health during this transition period.

Feed 40% Of Your Dog’s Old Food With 60% Of The New Food.

The ration for the first two days should be about 25% to 30% of the new food with the remaining 70% to 75% being their regular kibble. Within a week, you should have fully transitioned to their new diet. To transition, mix your dog’s current food with his new food.

Start By Giving Your Dog 75% Of The Old Food And 25% Of The New Food.

In rare cases, you may have to revert back to the original old food. A short fast is easier than you think. Add a little wet food each day to your dog’s bowl while slowly reducing the amount of kibble.

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Recent Posts

Recent Comments